The Jet Set, The Jet Set TODAY and TheJetSet.tv offers news and information about the travel industry and offers lifestyle tips. This content includes news, feature articles, discussion forums, how-to guides, special reports, case studies, blogs, videos, and information supplied by readers.
Our business model relies on revenue from advertisers and sponsors. These companies advertise products and services through banners, product listings, audio messaging, in-show advertising and other marketing vehicles. They also sponsor specific portions or features of the website and television program.
Our editorial objective is to inform readers of relevant news and information. We also provide a forum for the advancement of industry causes. We are objective, fair and honest in our industry coverage. Our mission is to offer information and ideas that interest and inform readers. We use a variety of resources to gather and report on the industries we cover. We encourage those who advertise on our sites to provide us with information to be used in news, but any inclusion of content on this site is determined by its editorial value, solely as determined by the editorial staff.
- Our editorial mandate is to inform our audience of news, information, and resources relevant to our viewers. We strive to be an unbiased source in that we publish only information that we believe to be relevant and important. Our foremost goal in reporting news is to be accurate, truthful, balanced and fair to all parties.
- We welcome and value any and all reader feedback and criticism.
We encourage readers and industry executives to contribute columns, commentaries, and blogs. Guidelines for these columns are that they focus on topics of interest to our readership; that they do not serve as an overtly promotional tool for a company or product; that they are not malicious and/or libelous; and that they are truthful.
- We are not responsible for the accuracy of content or other resources provided by outside parties. Links are checked for accuracy at the time of publication, but we recognize that the Internet is a changing medium and these links may become invalid or change.
- We will accurately label various types of content. Content that is provided by an industry source will be labeled to distinguish it from original and exclusive content produced and written by us, our editors, and freelancers.
- Corrections policy: We strive to meet the highest standards for accuracy and completeness. It is our policy to immediately correct any factual error as soon as we become aware of it and can verify it.
- Opinions expressed by bloggers are those of our valued contributors. We do not necessarily share or endorse those opinions.
- Factual errors should be reported to our editorial department, identifying the story and details of the error. We will immediately investigate any claim of inaccuracy.
The editor of The Jet Set, On It Media, LLC., maintains editorial independence in day-to-day editorial decisions. The editor also maintains editorial independence for any of the views, comment, and opinions of others published in TheJetSet.
Participation by relevant and interested government departments and agencies, regulatory and standards bodies, state-owned enterprises, institutes, industry associations, universities, consultants, readers, industry leaders and experts, in the form of technical articles and other editorial submissions, shall be proactively encouraged.
Where a submission is controversial, TheJetSet shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that relevant diverse views are solicited and fairly presented, and that right of reply is provided. Publication of articles, views, comment, opinion, and analysis shall not depend on any particular point of view or worldview of the editor.
Discretion is vested in the editor to shorten an article for space and other reasons, and, if appropriate, this is normally done in conjunction with the author.
In addition, the discretion is vested in the editor in deciding whether or not to publish an article, editorial submission, or letter. Such a decision shall not be based on any particular point of view or worldview of the editor. However, a decision not to publish an editorial submission may be because the editor considers it to be inappropriate to the target audience, dishonest, deliberately and maliciously misleading, having an improper hidden agenda, or because the editor considers that TheJetSet is being used for improper purposes. TheJetSet will also not publish ad-hominem attacks targeting individuals.
TheJetSet doesn’t take payment for any referrals or lead generation.
The TheJetSet regularly receives content submission requests from writers, bloggers, PR agencies, etc. wishing to submit content for publication. While the editorial team is always happy to be notified about the potentially interesting content we do not pay for content to be created, nor do we guarantee any submitted content will be published on the site.
Updated stories are added to the website daily, released in our daily podcast or conveyed in our weekly television broadcast. It is the editorial goal of the The Jet Set to be as inclusive and comprehensive as possible. Our editors work with customized editorial software and through daily engagement with content, partners to make sure featured content reflects the breadth and diversity of key newsworthy events taking place.
From time to time The Jet Set may publish original content in the form of original reporting and interviews.
The Jet Set publishes a monthly newsletter that brings key featured items from across our platforms to our readers’ inboxes. The editorial policy of the newsletter follows the same guidelines as outlined in this document.
Sponsored Posts & Video:
The advertising appearing on our website can be found in the section entitled “In Case You Missed It.” These posts contain advertising paid for by our sponsors and advertisers through our weekly television broadcast or paid for on a post-by-post basis. The articles appearing in any other section of the website are not sponsored. However, we may receive revenue from products sold, banners clicked, or advertising appearing around articles anywhere on our website.